Another week has gone by and we’ve gotten some exciting Disney news!
More restaurants are set to reopen soon, we’ve got some details about the Tiana retheme coming to Splash Mountain, buffets are returning to more Disney World restaurants, and more! We’re breaking down all the need-to-know Disney news from this past week right here.
1 — Buffets Are Coming Back and Restaurant Reopening News
This past week, Disney announced that buffet service will soon be coming back to Biergarten in EPCOT’s Germany Pavilion. Buffet service will also be returning soon to The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. If you’re a big fan of buffets, then you can make reservations to check out these two spots once their buffet service returns.
If you loved eating breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table in Magic Kingdom, you’ll be glad to know that breakfast is now being served once again at this spot.
Also at Magic Kingdom, The Diamond Horseshoe is set to reopen soon!
Over in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery will soon reopen with some NEW menu items for guests to munch on.
And if you’re a big fan of Tokyo Dining, you’ll be please to know that the restaurant has reopened in EPCOT’s Japan Pavilion.
And, in case you missed it, Victoria Falls Lounge reopened last week as well at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (along with Boma).
We don’t have much information about this new spot yet, but we’ll be on the lookout for more updates!
2 — MENU Announced for La Creperie de Paris
While it is restaurant news, we wanted to pull out this special announcement into its own category. This week, Disney announced the MENU that will be available at La Creperie de Paris when this new crepe spot opens in EPCOT’s France Pavilion. There will be a quick service option and a table service option at this spot, both of which will offer savory galettes, sweet crepes, and more!
We also got details about whether reservations will be required for the table service side of the restaurant.
3 — Entertainment and Ride News
Speaking of fireworks, the Ferrytale Fireworks Cruise is coming BACK to Disney World soon! So if you’re looking for a unique experience to add to your trip, this could be just the thing to look into.
Also this past weekend, we got more entertainment in Disney World as Turtle Talk with Crush reopened in EPCOT.
At Hollywood Studios, a small change that you’ll want to know about has been made when it comes to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups. Every second counts when you’re trying to get a boarding group so you’ll want to be aware of how things have been modified.
This week Disney also released some NEW concept art for the upcoming retheme of Splash Mountain to a ride focused on The Princess and the Frog.
Click here to see the detail you might have totally overlooked in the Splash Mountain retheme announcement!
4 — Disneyland’s Magic Key Annual Pass Program is Available to Purchase
Disneyland discontinued its Annual Passholder program earlier this year, and introduced the NEW Magic Key Holder program (essentially a replacement of the Annual Pass program). This past week we shared how and where you’d be able to buy Magic Key passes. And now Magic Key Passes are finally on sale.
If you’ll be buying a Magic Key Pass, be sure to check for blockout dates. Here’s a full list of the Magic Key blockout dates for Disneyland.
And that’s a wrap-up of this week’s biggest news. Take a look at some of the other stories we shared this week and updates you should know about:
- There’s a new backpack that looks and SMELLS (?!) like popcorn! There are also popcorn Crocs and more popcorn merchandise is on the way
- We shared an update about POG Juice in Disney World
- Disney shared some details about the renovations coming to Disney’s Grand Floridian and Polynesian Villas
- Disney World is getting a special 50th Anniversary special on ABC!
- Orlando has asked residents to reduce their water consumption due to impacts from COVID-19
- The CDC has updated cruise guidance for high-risk passengers, and the CDC has issued a travel advisory for the Bahamas
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test will be required for more indoor California events
- Check out all of the rides that will be open during extended evening hours in Disney World and see on what dates this deluxe hotel perk will be available
- Living with the Land has been CLOSED for several days in EPCOT
- More than 100 Target stores are getting pop-up Disney shops soon, but lots of Disney Stores across the US will be closing soon
- We got a full list of the rides that will be available during Early Theme Park Entry
- Finger scanners have returned to Disney World
- There’s a new Tiana playground available in EPCOT
- World Princess Week is underway and we got to try LOTS of snacks including a Merida cupcake, a Belle-themed treat made for lemon fans, a Frozen-themed snack, a Snow White-themed cupcake, and more!
- Special Disney Cruise Line discounts have been announced
- A popular Disney World ice cream spot is now serving milkshakes
- Watch the first trailer for Spider Man: No Way Home
- Registration for runDisney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend is now open
- COVID-19 vaccination requirements for upcoming Disney Cruises have changed
- Florida has reported record-breaking COVID-19 case numbers
- The Disney Princess Breakfast in Napa Rose at Disneyland Resort is available again
- Animal Kingdom Lodge has officially reopened
- Get a SNEAK PEEK at the reimagined Club Cool that’ll be opening soon in EPCOT!
Still trying to understand all of the news from last week about Disney’s new paid FastPass-like systems? Check out the video below for more information!
Click here to see the latest news about Disney World and unions reaching an agreement on COVID-19 vaccinations.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
When are you planning to visit Disney World next? Tell us in the comments.