We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you. Today we have all the details on what’s happening due to the ongoing closures and more.
Due to the current global situation, ALL Disney Parks will be closed until further notice. See all of our coverage HERE.
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
The Disney Park Closures — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the closures and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- What is open and what is closed at Disney World.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Residents in county near Disney World required to wear masks beginning Monday. <— BIG NEWS
- The Orange County mayor is predicting when businesses might reopen.
- Is this what we can expect in Disney World in 2021? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- One Wall Street analyst thinks Disney World could reopen soon.
- Disney Cruise Line cancels more sailings this spring. Disney Wonder sailings are also canceled.
- CDC extends its “no sail order” for 100 days.
- Tokyo Disney has extended its closure again.
- Here’s a breakdown of how the closures are affecting Disney’s value.
- Bob Iger shares thoughts on how closures could impact The Walt Disney Company. See more of Iger’s comments here.
- Analysts say it could take two years for Disney Parks to return to normal.
- Health crisis expected to peak earlier in Florida.
- Disney’s college and cultural programs suspended through early June.
- We asked our readers when they would feel safe going back to Disney World.
All the News From the Disney Parks
- Disney and several unions agree to furlough terms.
- The 10 Disney World attractions that need an in-ride photo ASAP.
- You can watch ‘Beauty and the Beast’ from the Disney Dream at home!
- Disney has shared an easy Easter egg hunt.
- See how to make Disney-inspired outfits in Animal Crossing.
- Check out the changes to the Disney World app while the parks are closed.
- The other big problem Disney World has to face in 2020.
- Avengers Campus is now listed as “coming soon” at Disneyland.
- Find out what animated Disney classic is in the works to be a live-action film for Disney+.
- Watch the flag ceremony from Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A..
- Get all the details for The Disney Family Singalong that’s airing this week!
- Disneyland’s Frontierland is getting a new entrance.
- All the big Disney news you might have missed this week.
- If Disney World rides were ‘Tiger King’ characters.
- Disneyland has reached furlough agreements with more unions. See more agreements here.
- Find out what fun outdoor activity you can still do at Disney World.
- Check out the robots that are coming to Disney World.
- Find out how to build your own roller coaster launch at home!
- Universal to furlough part-time employees starting in May.
- Check out the first Disneyland Paris watch party. See more details here.
- A new series — “Prop Culture” — is coming to Disney+.
- Employees at The Walt Disney Studios also impacted by furloughs.
- Universal Studios extends closure until May 31.
- Is Disney World limiting FastPasses? See what we discovered.
- The Walt Disney Company stock surges after good news.
- 9 important things you won’t find at Disney World.
- Check out this sweet email from Disney.
- 5 souvenirs we really regret buying at Disney World.
- A new ‘Simpsons’ short is coming soon to Disney+.
- A reboot of ‘Doogie Howser, M.D.’ is in the works for Disney+.
- Disney+ reaches 50 million subscribers.
- Broadway to remain dark through early June.
- National Geographic has released a new website for families.
- Registration for the 2021 Walt Disney World Marathon has been pushed back.
- Check out all of the Disney World deals and discounts.
- 8 ways your Disney vacations have prepared you for bunker life.
- Do you think the PeopleMover misses us too?
- See how Disney is making progress on some projects despite the park closures.
- Check out the video Disney made to celebrate healthcare workers. See how Disney thanked healthcare workers around the world.
- Create your own movie screening with this DIY project.
- Take another tour of Walt Disney Imagineering in this new video.
- 10 new things we can’t wait to do when Disney World reopens.
- Disney execs push back on salary cuts.
- Will Disney utilize more virtual queues when the parks reopen?
- Partial refunds will be available soon for Disney Premier Passholders.
- Check out the new Olaf short series.
- Disney launched a new website to share magic with families.
- Disney announced the opening of an Epcot attraction and then removed it.
- 10 things that might make up for your canceled Disney vacation.
- Check out this free printable word search for fun.
- What does your favorite Disney World transportation say about you?
DFB Reviews and Food News
- Here’s the Final Four of our Counter Service Throw Down!
- The BEST Disney World restaurants for last-minute reservations.
- A favorite Disney World beverage is now available as a hard seltzer.
- Check out the best Easter egg displays from Disney’s Grand Floridian.
- Disney World rolls out even more menu changes. See additional menu changes here.
- Get the fully-updated DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks now! <—NEW DFB Guide!
- Make Joffrey’s Chai Tea Latte at home.
- There’s a new cooking feature on the My Disney Experience app.
- Check out these Easter recipes from Disney.
- Make Chewie Chews with this new recipe from Disney.
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery is now delivering via Postmates.
- We shared our 8 favorite Disney World and Disneyland food hacks.
- Check out the surprising rules about drinking at Disney World.
- Make Disney churros at home with this recipe.
- Check out this fun recipe for Minnie Mouse Cupcakes.
- We reviewed Napa Rose at Disneyland.
- Check out this cute Baby Yoda ornament from Hallmark.
- Take a look at the new pet merchandise from shopDisney.
- New park-exclusive pins and release dates announced online.
- New Aulani merchandise has debuted at shopDisney.
- The ABC Disney collection is now available online.
- We found some rad new merchandise!
- Check out the new spring collection from Love Your Melon.
- Check out the limited edition Epcot attraction posters.
- Find out how to get a free ‘Onward’ ebook.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- Disney World’s Best Breakfasts in 2020
- What Has to Happen for Disney World to Reopen?
- 12 Disney World Restaurants That Are Super Strange
- The Latest Disney News
New DFB Video — What Has to Happen for Disney World to Reopen?
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: What Has to Happen for Disney World to Reopen? — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared these fun Ink & Paint Plates.
WDW for Grownups shared a review of the beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Palo’s Chocolate Souffle.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Forky Bark.