And while recently we shared with you some new details regarding Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure, we’re back to share even more Avengers Campus news with you! And this time we’re talking about FOOD — our FAVORITE subject!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
It’s time for another festival to start! Check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which started January 18 and runs through February 25, including FULL menus and lots of food photos! Be sure to check out our Best of the Fest!
And we’re starting to see those Disney World Skyliner cables being tested with test gondolas! Thanks to Rob S. for sending this picture! You can also see a video of these in progress here on our instagram channel!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Peter Pan’s Flight has reopened at the Magic Kingdom.
- Newest Krakatoa Souvenir Glass available at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
- We reviewed the new Chocolate Covered Raspberry Hearts in Disneyland.
- The Annual Passholder exclusive Steamboat Willie Popcorn Bucket is sold out in Disneyland. We covered their arrival too!
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day at STK Orlando in Disney Springs.
- We’re celebrating Super Bowl Weekend with a huge sale at the DFB Store.
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We reviewed Italian classics at Il Mulino at the Walt Disney World Swan.
- Check out the updates coming to Mobile Order on both coasts.
- AristoCrepes celebrated “Day of the Crepe” with a limited time special.
- We shared photos and video of the Disney Skyliner gondola testing.
- Check out the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar Cake at Amorette’s Patisserie.
- We reviewed Loaded Fries and Loaded Mac ‘N’ Cheese at Chicken Guy! in Disney Springs.
- Beaches and Cream is closing for a refurbishment this summer.
- We checked out what’s new at Epcot.
- A new Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket arrived in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Hot Diggity Dog of the Month at Casey’s Corner.
- We shared when Tangaroa Terrace might reopen at Disneyland.
- Check out our review of the Get Your Ears On specialty eats at Alien Pizza Planet.
- We checked out the vegan cupcake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.
- We spotted some cute door hangers at Disney World.
- Check out the behind-the-scenes construction for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We spotted a cute Alien Straw Clip at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- New Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge books will share more details of the new land. And even some hints about Oga’s Cantina!
- New Minnie Donut Ears have arrived at Disney World. And they were part of a V.I.Passholder event.
- Disney V.I.Passholder nights are returning to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.
- We spotted reusable shopping bags in Epcot, Disney World Resort Hotels, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea are returning in 2020.
- We shared what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Polite Pig is now selling bottles of its signature sauces.
- We reviewed the Burning Love Churro at Disneyland.
- You can celebrate Valentine’s Day with bacon at The Edison in Disney Springs.
- We know when you can buy the new Trader Sam’s Dress and Zombie Head Purse.
- Check out the new Disney Parks tumblers at Starbucks.
- We shared what’s new at the Magic Kingdom.
- We reviewed the new menu items at Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We shared our review of the Bavarian Pretzel at Disneyland’s Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- Check out the list of all the grocery stores selling the Mickey Ice Cream Bars.
- We shared details on the new $12,000 World of Dreams VIP tour at Disney World.
- Check out the new acts announced for the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
- We checked out what’s new in Epcot.
- A case of Hepatitis-A was confirmed at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue.
- A new Outdoor Kitchen food booth was announced for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- A new Disney Princess breakfast is coming to the Disneyland Hotel.
- We shared details on the new (and sold out!) Steamboat Willie Popcorn Bucket.
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We reported on gondola testing for the Disney Skyliner.
- We reviewed the Get Your Ears on Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel.
- We reviewed two new cookies for Disneyland’s Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin announced its Championship Package.
- We reviewed dinner at Garden Grill in Epcot.
- We spotted Disney food pillows!
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Ultimate Guide to the 2019 Disney Dining Plan, 25 Disney World Snacks You Can’t Miss in 2019, 7 Disney World Resolutions for 2019, and 8 Ways Disney Stays Ahead of Their Competition.
New DFB Video — 25 Disney World Snacks You Can’t Miss in 2019
is bringing all sorts of tasty and creative snacks to the park, and one such savory snack is the Jumbo Handcrafted Bavarian Pretzel found at Troubadour Tavern!
Oh man, I love this place. Out of the way and lightly “peopled” (unless the show is going on), Troubadour always has great savory eats to make into a snack or a full meal.
This pretzel feels the mouse-y love with toppings in Mickey’s signature colors: red, yellow, and black! And the toppings are pretty creative! [Read more…]
Join us as we check out the new Ballast Point in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District!
Ballast Point is a San Diego-based brewing company, and its new location in the Downtown Disney District is its first in Orange County.
And Ballast Point delivers another first as well, as this the very first onsite brewery — complete with a tasting room, a kitchen, and an outdoor beer garden — in the Downtown Disney District.
Though the official Grand Opening will take place this coming Wednesday, January 16th, Ballast Point is currently in soft openings. So if you go by before Wednesday you’ll likely find it open! [Read more…]
Welcome to the new Grand Avenue in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
BaseLine Tap House
This is where you’ll find BaseLine Tap House — the new lounge (as in, just opened TODAY!) located in what was formerly known as The Writer’s Stop. In fact, the Grand Avenue area is a portion of the park that once celebrated the architecture and culture of New York City and San Francisco — by way of posing as movie sets for both — when it was known as the Streets of America.
Grand Avenue, however, is a nod to Los Angeles, California. And BaseLine Tap House plays its part in the scene by offering California beers, cider and wine, along with specialty cocktails and a small bites menu.
So, as the song goes… California, here we come!
Let’s check it out!
What? ANOTHER new Hollywood Studios main drag? Welcome GRAND AVENUE!!
We have LOTS to look forward to at Hollywood Studios, with Toy Story Land opening in 2018 and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (that’s the official name for Star Wars Land!) in 2019. But let’s face it… we’ve got some time to wait for those big, new adventures at the moment.
So it may be good to know that we have something new to look forward to much closer on the horizon: this fall, the new Grand Avenue area — celebrating “the spirit of present-day Downtown Los Angeles” — is coming to Hollywood Studios!
The area (essentially what remains of the former Streets of America) will showcase vintage office buildings and warehouses in representation of different parts of LA. And the new BaseLine Tap House will be a big part of the scene! [Read more…]
Chicken Dance your way over to DCA! As part of their Limited Time Magic promotion, Disney California Adventure is celebrating Oktoberfest with some special items at Bayside Brews.
Available through the month of October, the special Oktoberfest items include a Bratwurst Sandwich, Bavarian Pretzels, Gingerbread Bundt Cake, and two specialty beers on tap: Karl Strauss Oktoberfest & Hofbrau Munchen Beer.
The Bratwurst Sausage is served in a garlic brioche with a side of hickory smoked bacon sauerkraut. The sandwich is $8.49 and comes with a choice of apples or potato chips.
I have to say, my husband and I were both very surprised how great this meal was for [Read more…]