We spent some time visiting the Grand Floridan and Polynesian Village Resorts while on our way to the Magic Kingdom, and spotted some menu updates for you!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was announced as one of the new attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill soft opening date announced! Check out the menu here.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
- New nighttime spectaculars, pavilion entertainment, and more announced for Epcot.
- Get a closer look at the new Star Wars Resort coming to Disney World!
- Check out the new holiday treats at The Ganachery in Disney Springs.
- We have details on all the holiday treats in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Check out the New Year’s Eve dinners at Disney World and Disneyland.
- We have lots of news from this weekend’s Destination D event.
- Check out the Mickey Birthday Cupcakes at Gasparilla Grill and Contempo Cafe!
- The Gingerbread Carousel is up at Disney’s Beach Club!
- It’s time to pre-order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining!
- Check out this Steamboat Willie Heritage Mickey Mousse at the Boardwalk Bakery!
- We were celebrating Mickey’s 90th Birthday in the Magic Kingdom with special treats and fun merchandise!
- Check out what’s NEW at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- We checked out everything new at Hollywood Studios this week.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland!
- We have details on what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Check out everything new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We have details on where to find all the holiday treats in Disney Springs!
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We checked out the seasonal Cranberry Mousse at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- We reviewed the holiday treats at the Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House.
- Check out the holiday treats – and cookie shots – at Disney’s Grand Californian!
- The Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House is open for the 2018 season!
- Check out these fun holiday krispy treats in the Disney Parks.
- We spotted some fun new merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- There’s a new Cheshire Cat cupcake of the month at All Star Music Resort.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- New latte art debuts at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- We shared details on a V.I.Passholder Pop Up event for Mickey’s birthday!
- Check out the latest details about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in Epcot.
- More details were announced for the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- The opening season was announced for the Disney Skyliner.
- More details were revealed for Epcot’s Space Restaurant!
- Check out this new Churro Toffee we spotted in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Birthday Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Tambu Lounge has reopened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- Check out this must-have holiday glow cube from Disneyland.
- There’s a new slushie and a new dessert at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- A new holiday dessert is on the menu at the 4R Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck.
- Check out all the limited time treats at Disney World and Disneyland for Mickey’s 90th birthday.
- We reviewed some holiday treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Goofy’s Candy Company is serving up gourmet cotton candy.
- New DFB YouTube videos: DFB Throwdown: The Polite Pig vs. D-Luxe Burger, 10 Great Ways to Spend $50 at Disney World, What’s New at Disney World and Disneyland, and 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World
We took a Monorail tour of the Magic Kingdom resorts to find all that’s new for you! We started out in the Contemporary Resort.
What’s New at the Contemporary Resort
We let you know earlier about the Latte Art at Contemporary Grounds. If you’re having a latte this is a fun way to add a smile to your cup of coffee.
Hello from the Monorail Resorts! Nothing makes us happier than boarding the Monorail on our way to the Magic Kingdom!
This time we stopped at each resort along the way and collected a bunch of updates for you! [Read more…]
Coconut lovers, have I got a treat for you today!
And it’s located someplace rather unexpected: Gasparilla Island Grill in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
You see, Gasparilla Island Grill has never been a spot we’ve visited specifically to seek out dessert. Like, EVER. Gasparilla has always carried a couple of cupcakes in the refrigerated section, like the Pina Colada Cupcake and the German Chocolate Cupcake. But when you consider the fact that some really incredible dessert options are just a quick ride away via the Resort Monorail (like the Peanut Butter Pie at Contempo Cafe, or Dole Whips at Pineapple Lanai), Gasparilla’s offerings usually seemed pretty ho-hum in comparison.
However, when the counter service spot opened up again after its most recent refurbishment (no major changes to the guest area, other than the addition of Coke Freestyle machines), the dessert options had changed. And they’d been enhanced.
No longer relegated to a small row or two in the refrigerator, desserts now entirely take up a full bakery case next to the more traditional breakfast pastry selections. The cute-as-a-button Minnie Mouse Cupcake stands out right away. [Read more…]
It’s our very first Trip Around the World of 2017 to check out What’s New!!
And things have sure started out with a bang, especially at… [Read more…]
Hello, friends! Well, we’d be remiss if we didn’t start out this post by wishing THIS GUY a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Mickey Mouse was presented to the world with the premiere of the animated short “Steamboat Willie” on November 18, 1928. And our favorite Mouse will be joining us all around the World today for our November edition of What’s New!
All Around the World
The Holiday Season is upon us! [Read more…]
HAPPY OCTOBER!!! Milder temps have returned to Walt Disney World where we’re checking out What’s New in all four parks, Disney Springs, and a few of our favorite Resorts. AND it’s still high time for Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, and All Things Autumn.
Sooo… what are YOU going to be for Halloween? [Read more…]
You know how we love our over-the-top gourmet HOT DOGS here at the DFB!
From the Barbecue Slaw Hot Dog and Chili-Cheese Dog at Casey’s Corner, to the Coney Island Dog at The Lunching Pad, to the fun assortment at The Mara in Animal Kingdom Lodge (the Mara BLT Hot Dog, the Reuben Hot Dog, and the African Chili-Cheese Hot Dog)… well, the bigger the variety of toppings to choose from, the better!
And now we’re excited to have SEVEN new gourmet hot dogs to add to the list at the Grand Floridian’s Gasparilla Island Grill! But there’s a little twist: the menu rotates. There are seven different hot dogs, with a different one featured each day of the week. Each hot dog is inspired by a different city or state in the U.S. So, let’s take a Hot Dog Tour of the country — courtesy of Gasparilla Island Grill — starting in…
Cleveland — Available on Sundays
The Cleveland Dog is topped with coleslaw and hot sauce. And the fries? Don’t look on the side for for this natural pairing, because they’re on top of this dog, too!
Seattle — Available on Mondays
The Seattle Dog is topped with cream cheese (now, why didn’t I think of that?), but you’ll have to look under a huge — and SPICY! — pile of jalapeños, cabbage, and Sriracha to find it! [Read more…]