We’re celebrating 90 years with Mickey Mouse at the parks of Walt Disney World this weekend, and what that means is lots, and lots, and lots of cake! Animal Kingdom Lodge’s quick service spot The Mara (home of our beloved Peanut Butter Brownie) is joining the party is a Happy Birthday Mickey Gateau that is way more than just a cake.
The only thing better than that morning cup o’ joe… is seeing a favorite Disney Pal topping that cup!
Guests have been able to have a few Disney characters printed on their coffee at select Joffrey’s Coffee locations — including Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company in Disney Springs — for a little while now. But now there is a new place where you can have a little character added to your coffee… The Mara in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge! [Read more…]
We bid a sad kwaherini to our beloved Peanut Butter Brownie at the Mara at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge this summer, but we’re thrilled to say: it’s back! But things aren’t precisely as they were. The original Peanut Butter Brownie was a dense chocolate brownie completely covered in creamy peanut butter frosting.
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re getting down to the serious business of talking about 15 Disney quick service spots that are better than more expensive table service restaurants!
If you’re looking to spend less money for better food at Disney World, we can help!
There are several Disney World fast food restaurants that are better eats than many higher-priced, table service restaurants…and we’re going to tell you where to find them! [Read more…]
You’ve got to check out these new Kudu Cookies at Animal Kingdom Lodge! What’s a Kudu? After spending some time at Animal Kingdom Lodge or in Animal Kingdom Park, you’ll quickly learn a Kudu is an antelope!
How can ONE set of Minnie Mouse Ears…
… be SO MANY colors?! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! We hope you remembered to Spring Forward! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is ON! We have FULL MENUS for the Epcot Flower and Garden FESTIVAL plus Photos of EVERY FOOD ITEM and most beverages!
And, the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival is happening through April 12! Click here for the FULL MENUS and ALL the FOOD PHOTOS for the DCA Food and Wine Festival!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Flyover video!
- Citrus Swirl has been replaced at the Magic Kingdom.
- There’s a NEW Mint Julep at Magic Kingdom!
- We shared six must-do Epcot Food and Wine Festival travel hacks!
- Have you seen the entrance for Epcot’s Club 33? Check it out!
- We’re celebrating Daylight Savings with a sale on all DFB Bundles at the DFB Store!
- We checked out what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Raglan Road’s Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival starts March 16!
- Tiffins Talks announced for Party for the Planet at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We reviewed sweets at Gaston’s Tavern in the Magic Kingdom.
- The best thing AJ ate all week was at Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge!
- We checked out a new, must-have sundae at The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in the Magic Kingdom!
- There’s a new dessert at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- Check out whether Ale & Compass Restaurant is worth a visit.
- We reviewed breakfast at Flo’s V-8 Cafe in Disney California Adventure.
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom including changes at Satu’li Canteen!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 9 Rookie Mistakes Not to Make at Disney World and Walt Disney World Trip Hacks.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]
Hello, there! We’re back with another DFB Video to start off your week, and we’re talking about one of my very favorite topics: PEANUT BUTTER!!
If you have a passion for peanut butter like I do, then you definitely don’t want to miss out on the 5 snacks we’re sharing with you in our latest DFB YouTube video! We’ve got snacks in the parks as well as the Resorts, because — thankfully — there’s no shortage of peanut-buttery goodness when you’re in Disney World. From sundaes, to brownies, to cookie sandwiches, to pie… well, you may want to grab a glass of milk, because there is a LOT of peanut butter coming your way once you hit play on our next video! [Read more…]
Jambo from The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
It wasn’t all that long ago that we were here, pointing out three Must-Eat Snacks at the Lodge’s Counter Service option and sipping on some new-to-The-Mara Frozen Jungle Juice. But the Jungle Juice wasn’t the only new thing we found on that visit, which is what we’re excited to share with you today.
Longtime standouts at The Mara for lunch and dinner include unique items such as African Potjie Stew and tasty Soups of the Day alongside classic Burgers, Flatbreads, and Chicken Breast Nuggets.
That said, they aren’t afraid to switch things up every once in a while — and that’s a VERY good thing! Every so often, your basic Hot Dog or sandwich gets a bit of an African-inspired twist, as is the case with two of the three new items we’re trying today.
So, come right back into The Mara with us!
The Mara gets its name from the Masai Mara National Reserve, located in southwestern Kenya on the border of Tanzania. The small food court is only accessible from outside the resort, on the lower level and near the pool. Once inside, you’ll immediately notice the ceiling artfully mimicking the tree tops and some soft ambient lighting that creates interesting shadows. [Read more…]